Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Challenge for the Whimsy Inspiration blog this week is to add a button.


To be honest with you that is something that I have never really used to much of, so this challenge has made me do something that I normal would stay away from and that is - buttons.


I don't really know why I don't use them, it's not like they look bad or take away from any project that I have ever done. So this challenge was good for me. I like the effect of the buttons on my card so maybe I'll try harder to use items that I typically stay away from. I stepped out of my box and tried something different so I hope that you are up to the Whimsy Challenge this week and will try to make a project/ card using buttons and play along on the








I colored the image "Sparkly Tree" by Moon Cookie Gallery from Whimsy Stamps with copic markers then added stickles to the little stars on the image. After I was done that then I used white liquid applique to the boughs to give it the depth of snow. I added stickles to the swirls on the BoBunny paper to give it that glisten of swirling snow.
I also used liquid pearls for the little balls that are on the tree.


Supplies: Sparkly Tree & sentiment from Whimsy stamps, circle & Fancy Tags Two from spellbinders, Bo Bunny patterned paper, Bazzill cardstock, White Opal liquid pearls & Star Dust stickles from Ranger, White liquid applique from Marvy Uchida, miscellaneous buttons, hemp, & ribbon.



















2 comments:

  1. Well look at you girl, stepping out again...nice buttons, and they are wonderful...Very nice card, love that snow on the tree too...great job on the challenge. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Love how you off set your circles.

    ReplyDelete